2 Acre Lot

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dakota2000, Jun 29, 2007.

1. dakota2000

dakota2000 LawnSite Member
    from Ottawa

Just curious what you guys would charge a customer for a 2 acre lot. The grass is really long and he wants it cut ASAP. I have a 42" riding mower and 21" push mower. What would you charge for initial clean up and weekly maintenance. Need help asap.

Thanks guys!

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

What needs cleaned up ? lots of leaves sticks ,yard waste ??

3. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Good questions , TNT- even if its fairly clean , the first cut is going to be a bear . Are you going to mow on an ongoing basis ? Whether its flat or hilly , the amount of trimming required , etc. ,are all pricing considerations. There is no standard pricing , estimate how long it will take you and multiply that by the amount of money you need to make per hour , based on your costs.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Really long? Just to cut 2 acres and trim it depending on HOW tall and the amount of trimming, $225 minimum, not including any cleanup.

5. lawnkings

lawnkings LawnSite Member

Everyone is going to give you a different answer on what they would charge for mowing. Every area is different. With your equipment I would guess that would take 2-3.5 hrs depending on trimming, and obstacles. Just a guess. If you need to make 40$ an hour you'd need to charge between 80-140. That would be just for mowing. Cleanup of leaves, landscaping, etc, would be extra. Good luck.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Geez, really long could be anywhere from around calf height all the way up to my neck and beyond, and anywhere in between, what gives, how high is it?