2 acre property

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EJD Lawnpride, May 3, 2008.

1. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

How much would you guys charge for a 2 acre fenced property with 60 trees ? It is in a very upscale neighborhood.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Figure your expected time. and try to keep it at around 70 to 80 an hour for 2 people

3. EJD Lawnpride

It will be 1 guy mowing and 2 guys weedeating.

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the trees small or is half the property wooded ? 2 acres cutting with 60 small flowering trees. $115.00-$135.00.

5. EJD Lawnpride

The trees are small. I just gave the owner who is a builder a price for $260 to cut their small townhouse community,it took 4 guys 1 hour. He has another property that is 18 condos, about 1.25 acres with trimming about 1 hr. and his personal house. It is 2 acres with a wrought iron fence. I think I need to charge high to make it worth my while. I have 148 accts that we get done in 4 days,with 1 day for projects. In order to do his properties i will have to cut an extra day.

6. EJD Lawnpride

Is it unreasonable to charge $110 per Acre?

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

IMO yes it is. We used to cut a 3 acre residential that had a big pool with nice landscaping around it plus a fence around the entire place and a few trees for $110. Took me on our 48" lazer and my father on a gravely pro-50 WB 1 hour 10 minutes to cut, trim and blow off.

With 2 guys trimming and blowing off and you cutting it should take you about an hour and 15 minutes or so to do it I would think. I would charge about $135 for that property with all the trees.

8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

well 2 acres is roughly 87,000 sq. ft. i go by sq. ft and i would charge about 110- 130 depending on how difficult the yard is.
    good luck

97 ford powerstroke
    scags
    sthils
    tomahawk trailer