2 acres?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by charmill26, May 14, 2007.

1. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

So here's the deal i pretty much already have the job but havent priced it yet. the guy just moved into approximately 2 acres and it hasnt been cut in 3-4 weeks. its not really thick grass but is roughly 1 ft tall on average. what would you price the first cut at? its relatively wide open with minimal obstacles. i'll probably have to mow it all then go over it again with a bagger. im usin a 48 walk behind then a 36 to bag it up. i was thinking around 130 per cut once it is back under control im just not sure about the first cut. thanks in advance
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If it were me I would give a flat rate fixed price on the first cut. If I had to use your equipment and double cut it and bag it I think I would charge between $300 to $400 for the first cut to get it back into shape and under control.

BTW a 2 acre lawn goes for about $80 per cut here.
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

same as above for me.
  4. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Same here bwt 80-100 depending on terrain and grass type.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We do these cuts once in awhile. Last one was just over an acre and was $150 for the first cut and $90 after. We didn't have to bag, I used my Steiner and big leaf plow to move the 2' long grass to the back of the lot to rot.
  6. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

It's easy to underbid the big jobs, especially with 3-4 weeks growth, and you have to pick up the grass?

If it was me, I'd charge an hourly rate. That way you don't get screwed. If you have to haul the grass, add that on too.