1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 Blowers at the same time?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I have a new Redmax EB7001 and about a 2 year old Echo Handheld. I was doing one of my clean ups the other day and used both of them at the same time.. boy was I impressed on how quick I got the job done. Does anyone else do this?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think that it would be hard to do
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The Redmax outflows the echo by so much im surprised it would make a noticable difference.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Back in the "old days" it wasn't uncommon to see a solo guy using two echo handhelds to blow off the drieways and walks after mowing. Remember the orange echo handheld blowers?
  5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

not that hard, one you just lock the throttle in full, and hte other you simply carry in your hand. I did it myself once with a BR400.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i use my 10hp little wonder while I have my echo 750 on my back frequently if i'm working around beds, I will just aim the LW where I want the leaves to go and then "feed" it with the backpack. it works pretty good. two people are defintely more effecient though
  7. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

That seems like it would work... but, also seems like it would be a lot to concentrate on. Never know, I don't think I could do it for too long, haha.

We run crews of 2 and both guys run backpack blowers during cleanups....so much more productive than 1 backpack blower.
  8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

i've used 2 handheld blowers before to blow off sidewalks at apartment complexes, works very well.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

How do you like the redmax??
  10. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

The Redmax is AWESOMEEE!! I love it and Im thinking about buying another real soon