1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 change the name or not 2 change the name that is the Question.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnpro2210, Sep 17, 2008.

to keep the name or change it to the new one

1. Mike's Lawn Care

5 vote(s)
  2. Cutting Edge Lawn and Landscape

13 vote(s)
  1. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

So im thinking of changing the name of my business from "Mike's Lawn Care'' to ''Cutting Edge Lawn And Landscape ''.I thought it sounded more professional. So what do you guys thing.
  2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

How about; Cutting Edge Landscape & Turf Management
  3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I always hated when someone named their company after themselves. So I like the change but never give yourself a long name.
  4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree change the name from your own name but do yourself a favor and take the time and come up with something alittle more original, i mean i think their is 20 " cutting edge" lawn care companies in every town!
  5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

what exactly do you do...if its only mowing then stick with the mowing name. if you go beyond just mowing and do landscape work, then go for that name. your business name should explain who and what you do. i like what frontier-lawn recommended, Cutting Edge Landscape & Turf Management :drinkup:
  6. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I would say that it probably comes down to what your name actually is. . . Mike's Lawn Care may sound a little generic (lotta Mikes in the world) same with Bill's or Bob's or Andy's. . .etc. But what if your first name was Jet, or Tristan, or Mateo, or something unusual like that. . . it might work. (oh the jokes that will be made from that paragraph) :rolleyes:

Personally, I like Cutting Edge Lawn and Landscape better.
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Change it sounds much better!
  8. mtcjb

mtcjb LawnSite Member

how bout Cut N Edge Lawn & Landscape, slight twist but seemed to have a catchy ring to it.
  9. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

DO NOT change it to cutting edge! Up here in my neck of the woods ther are multiple "Cutting Edge bla bla bla's" LLC'c, INC's
  10. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing like inclusive inductive reasoning lol.

Sorry - couldn't resist

All I said was that "Cutting Edge" was better than "Mike's". . .

I think most would agree.