2% commercial discount

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Texas Mower Parts, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Well I have a new customer as of yesterday. One of the local cutters called us up and asked one of the salesmen a price on a air filter. He told him $8.75 and the guy flipped. He later came in the store and told his story of how my competitor, across town, charged him $21.64 for this same Oregon brand filter. When purchasing the filter the salesman at the other shop explained he was giving him a 2% commercial discount. Well after looking at his receipt, he was charged list+10%-2% ! I swear my competitors are my best advertisers.payup

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I guess we'll have to talk there Travis. I am currently using another supplier atm, but like the fact that your a member. If you had a catalouge you could send, that would be great. Thanks. :)

3. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I would also take a catolog. If there available.
    Thanks.

4. KERRTURF

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

I recently about had a coronary when buying an air filter for a 23 HP Kawi. This is the regular type (not canister) it was $26. If I would have bought from you, how much would it have been without shipping?

5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Go to the link a the top of the page and click on shop online. So far what i've seen the prices are real good.

6. Texas Mower Parts

from Texas

No catalogs yet. I hope to have some by mid summer to early fall. Those dudes ain't cheap. :dizzy:

7. Texas Mower Parts

from Texas

The 23 Kawi filter is $7.37.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Not a problem. I will have to talk with you before our next order. See if we can do anything with quantity orders, and/or shipping. :)

9. KERRTURF

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

Okay Travis, add me to the list of new customers. I have always tried to support my local dealer, but a $19 difference on an air filter has convinced me. You would think that the same dealer who takes big $$ for equipment would also charge a reasonable price for parts that relate to that equipment. I will be contacting you for supplies in the near future. Thanks.

10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Is that original Kawi, or Oregon 30-054?