1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 Company names....one company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ColePyck, May 16, 2004.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I have a friend who is in the Chimney cleaning business, they have two different company names and advertise in the paper that way but its one parent Co....one newspaper but 2 different co. ads even though its the same company and usually employees. The only difference is different trucks and uniforms. So they can get the business on either end by making their estimates about the same. I was wanting to get more into the Lawn Care side and less landscaping. So now I am Green and Growing Landscapes, but would also start and open Green Stripes Lawn Care and advertise under that name. anyone do this now or think it would be a good or bad idea? thanks
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a good rep I would stay with the same name to be recognized, just say "we now offer lawn care" or something like that.
  3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I know of a couple of guys that pull that act in this area, I know one guy has three different business names, but uses the same trucks no matter what, same guys, same everything, but come bidding time, bids three different times. Him and his brother work together so if anyone says anything he "subs" his brother out. Its a very smart to think of that, but kinda "a**h***ish to do.