2" cutters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Snapper Jack, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have suggestions on what "Professional 2" cutters to get,not gas powered,just plain old hand powered will do :weightlifter:. Bought 2" Cutters from Lowes:hammerhead: and broke them within an hour of cutting some small pine trees.

2. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Pine is tough with loppers, but try a pair by stihl, bahco, felco or any other professional brand. They will likely be triple the price of the Lowes ones, but are built much better. But for 2" in diameter you should probably use a small hand saw, hope this helps.

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I assume you're talking about loppers?
    I was actually at Lowe's the other day and looked at some lopers. They had some Corona brand that looked and felt well built. Then they had the cheapos. The Corona's are a good brand.

When you start cutting something around 2" or better consider a saw. Most trimmer mfgs make a chain saw attachment that will go on the trimmer. I use mine on my Sthil a lot.

4. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I use a 18 volt Dewalt sawzall on most every thing . I can a trim a tree up in 2 or 3 min.

5. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

The Corona at Lowes is low quality but had to finish the job today and afterwards I ordered a Barnel B32A lopper cutter today.