1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 cycle engine question.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guido, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

How long does it take you to burn up a tank of fuel in your blowers or trimmers, etc.

1 hour? More or less??

Between 60 and 70 oz tanks.

2. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

I can usually get 1.5 to 2 hours on my echo trimmer. My backpack blower I usually fill it up once a week whether it needs it or not.
  3. crs

crs LawnSite Member

The Redmax EB-6200 will run about 40 minutes at full throttle.

Redmax EB-431 runs about 1.5 hours on a full tank.

Redmax BC-2300 string trimmer runs a little over an hour.

Stihl FC-85(?) stick edger runs about 10 minutes.....just kidding, but it does have a really small tank.

Echo SRM-2601 runs a little over an hour.

Sorry I don't know what size tanks they have but I will try to find out and let you know.
  4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks guys, thats all I needed to make sure I was right on this.

I needed it for a little research I was doing. I'm writing a paper on finding the cost per hour of your equipment.

It'll be in the elements of business section in the next hour or so.

Thanks again!
  5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

We will refill our Br400 stihl blowers about 2 times a day once in the morning and once half way through the day. The trimmers get filled up about 3 times a day , stick edgers once ever other day, hedge trimmers about once per job, We go through 5 gallons of mixed 2-stroke fuel a month.
  6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

my lb with a gallon tank will go thru a gallon in 2.75 hours at full throttle