2-Cycle Premium Synthetic oil question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shane Scaife, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Shane Scaife

Shane Scaife LawnSite Member

OK this is probably a dumb question but I have a bunch of this stuff in little 6.4 oz bottles. The label has "Makes 2.5 gal" just to mix one bottle in with 2.5 gal of gas.

The question is what will this mix be 20:1. 50:1, etc? It does not say on the bottle.

I need 50:1 mix and Im not sure if I should use one or two bottles in 2.5 gal gas to get the 50:1.

2. Redgreen

Redgreen LawnSite Member

2.5 gallons or 320oz, divided by 6.4oz, equals 50

The mix will be 50:1
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The label should tell you that info. You didn't say the Brand of the mix but that 6.4oz should put 2.5 gals at 50:1
  4. Shane Scaife

5. dkarol

dkarol LawnSite Member

There are excellent synthetic 2 cycle oils available that when mixed per the directions on the bottle, work for anything from 1:1 to 50:1. Meaning, one mix for ALL requirements. We've used several brands in the last two years and they work great AND no one gets the 16:1 can mixed up with the 50:1 can!
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

what brands of 2 cycle mix are you using? Amsoil, or what? And, what equipment are your running the 50:1? Exhaust port clogging problems with any of them?
  7. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

yes there are several premium brands. You can mix the same amount for any mix and they work quite well and we have not had any problems with clogging or anything not even a smoking problem. sometimes they are hard to find around here, but when we find them we usually stock up.
  8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Oh, shoot! Its another Delawarian! Or is that, Dela-Where-ian?
  9. Shane Scaife

The Brand is Power Care and like I said the label said to min in 2.5 gal of gas. I have had no prob. with it, I just wanted to bouble check because the blower calls for a 50:1 mix.

10. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Mobil 1 MX2T is great 2 cycle oil. I use in Suzuki Quadracer LT250R with great results. I switched my handheld stuff over when I ran out of Stihl oil last summer. There is a lot less oil residue in the air filter housings and exhaust now.