1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2-cycle trimmer?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bunton Guy, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

After edging around beds for a minute or so (trimmer upside down.) When turning it back to proper trimming form right side up the engine will hesitate as if its getting no fuel...inbetween that time if you hit the gas it will die. For the 2-3 seconds the engine is hesitating after being turned back over you cant hit the gas at all. What gives? Air in fuel lines from turning it over ???? any ideas? its brand new.

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

make sure your fuel filter is weighted, and take the fuel cap off to see if it is moving freely

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

using the right fuel mix ?? Maybe need to tweak the carb a bit ?? I had a prob , but all the time with a blower, well not that I turn the blower upside down, unless I trip and fall over LOL.. The newer engiens neeed a sythetic type fuel, the conventional oil mixs are too rich and thick for them .. They foul out and run like ca ca... SInce I switched over to Shindaiwa one oil everthing has been running alot smoother and not hesitating.... Just some thougts to consider