2 foot side on a trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IXINRGIXI, Jul 20, 2011.

1. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

im looking to get a 14ft or 16ft tandem trailer and i am wanting sides and possibly a landscape box up front, but i want to know what the rest of you guys are pulling around. is it worth is to get sides?

if you want to up load some pictures that would be cool too

2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

My main trailer has 12" side. Tall enough to keep stuff in but short enough to reach over if you need to set stuff in. You can also heap alot of mulch as well, obviously not as much as 2' sides but then again you can't lift items over 2' sides either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

14' tandem with a box we made....and 2' expanded metal sides.

[​IMG]

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

What would be nice is if there was a way to have the sides fold down
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I've got an 18' trailer with 4' sides on the front 8' or 10' then slope down to 1' sides for the rest of the trailer in the rear. This set up allows me to pile debris in the front and still be able to reach over the lower sides or step on and off the trailer without the gates down.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh hell yes I've always had them solid steel sides so I tend to take them for granted
    but I know I got it good because even thou they cost more, it is worth every nickel....
    That mesh side works good, too.

Mesh or solid steel, either way but remember, the trailer is one of your most important decisions
    because they last forever so whichever one you get, make sure you get a good one lol

Mine's a Carson trailer, looks just like this one:

2544867_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine has 2' sides and they are its saving grace other than that I don't really like it.

8. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

we have trailers from 8` to 16`long with 4` high wall back 6`then it angles to the 8` length then has 2 ` walls for the rest of the length. made of 1/2`` Plywood and theylast for 7+ years with no maintenance painted in latex paint......it dont stress the walls and hauls anything!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Putting 1 ft tall ones on my 16ft trailer. Can carry more material, that and push mower that tends to drop a wheel off one side won't anymore.

10. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

i really like what ya got
    WOW guys thanks for the feed back keep it coming , BUT is 16' trailer worth it over a 14' i mean I'm not trying to go over the top with money here