2 foot side on a trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IXINRGIXI, Jul 20, 2011.

1. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

what i would suggest is to get a tandom trailer that fits your requirments and build on that if you have a mower brand in mind and will grow to that size just get the trailer that they will ride on . a 14' will haul the basic same load as a 16' a open 6.5' wide trailer will will bigger then a 7'10''wide enclosed when you are working in it a 16' will be heavier then a 14' on the tongue causing the truck to load differently. make a plan then buy what fits and dont worry about coud have beens (ask yourself how you want to load your trailer and have it built the way it needs to be . a 12' tandom with 4' walls will load and haul more lose material and do it as well as a 16' with 2' walls and they are easier to turn around , parks in less space and will weigh less with the same loads . undestand i am not saying to say away from one or the other .... just get what you want and dont think bigger then you actually are . i had alot of 16' and now i do not use them for anything all year but as leaf containers we vac into in the fall for 6 weeks

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

its a good buy but im not going to ohio to get it .. but i do agree

you could pull a 14' loaded with a v6 easy

i defiantly will keep that in mind