2 Hedge trimmers won't start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Natural Impressions, May 7, 2006.

1. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I have a question for everyone. I know I should be throwing both of these hedge trimmers away but now it's just a matter of me being pig headed and just wanting to see these things run one last time. They are both weed eater 22" excaliber hedge trimmers ( yes the cheap ones). I pulled one completely apart. Pulled off top cover ansd cleaned everything out with gas and an air. Cleaned up spark plug ( sparks really good). Took the small carb apart and blew that out clean. Even found a small screen ( not sure of name) and made sure that was clean. Put new fresh gas ( without oil ) just to get it started. Primed it, pull it with full choke, half choke, then no choke. I did check a few times that she wanted to start but then dies out. Going back and forth back and forth it just doesnt want to run. what else can I do beside just throwning them away. Thanks for your replies

2. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

does anyone have any ideas?

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

other than rebuilding the carburetors, there isnt much you really can do for cheap throwaways like poulans/weedeater machines.