1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2 HP B&S hard starting

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Robert Doubrava, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

Well said, vipermanz. And yes, I'm not trying to build up posting totals, either. Why on earth would I do that? Lets not start a fight, either. Sorry about that, Bill. I apoligize for all the emails that get sent.

2. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi guys, Bill has a valid point: Some of the posts in this thread that you've both made would have been better left to an exchange of E-mails or Private Messages between yourselves.

Not ALL of them, just SOME.

With regard to E-mail notification, yes you can switch the feature on or off but many people (myself included) prefer it to be "on" to help keep track of threads they've posted to. Getting an E-mail notification of a reply and going to check it, only to find it's a couple of "chat" posts, gets frustrating after a while.

BTW, this IS the "Mechanic & Repair" forum - off-topic posts have their own forum set aside for that purpose! :)

3. Robert Doubrava

Rob,

Ok. Sorry about those few "Chatting" posts. I'll stop doing that.

4. Robert Doubrava

Well, I figured something out. On that junky edger, the butterfly part of the carb had a piece of it that broke off that held the governer linkage of it on. I can turn it all the way counter clockwise, and I can pull the whole thing out. Can I still get the whole thing (since the engine was made in 1969) from my local dealership? Someone, help!!:(

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

do you have the vital #'s?

6. Robert Doubrava

I'm not sure if I have the model, type and code of it. I'll have to get it. Those numbers are very helpful!!