1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 LCO's Robbed at Gun point

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJhnson Lawn, May 18, 2005.

1. MJhnson Lawn

MJhnson Lawn LawnSite Member

Watching the news today they reported Landscapers being robbed at gun point and pistol whipped for all their equipment. I'm going to start carrying
    my 9mm in the holster and on my hip while working and just hope I don't
    offend my clients.
  2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

yea I seen that....kinda scary ....my brother in law will be with me ...hes a crazy green beret so if they come around I will keep working while he takes care of those guys. Evidently there scared to shoot anyone or they would have done it already.
  3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

If any of your customers say anything about you carrying just explain the situation. They should understand. Bring a 357 savage and the robbers won't even come near you :D
  4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I read somewhere last year where a LCO was shot and killed, robbery was the motive. Really makes you think sometimes. I've made a habit of only carrying the equipment I need, especially after starting the season off with my truck, trailer, and equipment all stolen while out on the job.
  5. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Where did this robbery happen at? I haven't heard this yet?
  6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I have a conseal carry permit. I don't want them to know I am packing. Get them close and save the taxpayers money. I have kept one in the truck for years.
  7. Cimarron Landscape

Cimarron Landscape LawnSite Member

In Texas, ya have to have the permit to carry it anywhere, unless you are a ranch hand....not sure if LCO qualifies for that...bummer :p
    Yeah, I'll carry a handgun when I'm able to, know several people pesonally that were robbed at gunpoint....not a situation I want to be in.
  8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

They just passed a bill enabling the person being robbed to shoot back and not be held accountable.
  9. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Can you say Glock. Never leave home without him.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
  10. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

(Funny.. I just posted this yesterday in another thread)

I'm glad I'm in MO.
    I'm also glad I'm a law abiding, well practiced and fully trained recipient of our Concealed Carry Permit.
    I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT(.380 auto) in light clothing, a Kahr PM9 when wearing jeans, and a Kimber TLEII 1911 .45ACP during the winter.

Although I'd really hate to unload on someone threatening my life or loved ones... It's nice to know that I can.