1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 little of me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, just a whine post here i suppose. I am getting TONS of calls every day. Everyone that i have bid on has accepted. I am not the lowest or cheapest by far, but why is this happening to me? I am not really complaining i suppose, but i am curious what i am doing right or wrong that i am not seeing. I have even started bidding high and they still jump on it. Example: Two weeks ago a lady called me. I looked at it and it was perhaps a 20$ lawn with a little more added on for the difficulty to getting to parts of it. Then i went much higher to 35$ to try and discourage her. She said without hesitation "When can you start?" (FYI: My minimum is 25$ but the 20$ was just a reference for yall)

I am glad that i took on a partner. He is quiet but has been super bennificial to me and my business success. Darn glad i took GOD on as a partner.
    I would like to state now, thanks to him for all that he has and is doing in my life.

Acute Cut
  2. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Okay Acute,

Dont rub salt in an open wound!!!!!! If I was gonna have a problem this is one to have!!!!

Better just have a conference call with your partner!!!!

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

good news on all your bids coming back good, its god that you excepted god as a partener.
    personly i'm still waiting for 1 that i asked of him a while ago, but i think i know what it but i'm not sure.
    1 thing is for sure my company is hot right now and i don't know why, the same thing is happening to me almost. i'm acctually getting way to many calls that i can handle.
  4. GrassRoots Landscaping

GrassRoots Landscaping LawnSite Member

Bid extremely high.

Maybe they will call me and I can do just a high bid and it will make mine sound like a bargain.

Just kidding Acute Cut.

You do a great job and now people are realizing it.

Can't wait to team up and really kick some a*#.

5. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Acute Cut, that is fired up. I have run into the same situation. I finally did not get a bid yesterday. the reason I bid so high because thatlady was a perfectionist. She told me what she wanted and why she has fired so many co's. I told my partner if we get her she is gonna pay. She is one of those that watch every move you make. I have found out that a perfectionest is never satisfied or happy because it is never good enough.
    I run my business as God as my number 1 partner as well, and he gets all the credit.
    Take care and Keep the hammer down and God Bless you and your business.
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

remember he is more interested in your personal growth than how much money you make.so be ready for some problems to grow by.luck to you
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ya dont rub it in LOL. I keep getting crap to bid on. I was excited at first when i went to bid on a rather large commercial tract with 2 buildings on it. Until I got there and saw the fescue was 2 feet tall in places. I didnt bid on it even part of me wanted to. They had fertilized it awhile back and must have just forgot about the fact that grass grows. Sure i could have charged a high rate but i didnt want my equipment plowing through the high stuff and all the clipping piles that would come with it.
    Another job i went to bid on was crap too. God must have took a vacation when it comes to my biz LOL
  8. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Oh no, too many lawns. I WISH I was in your boat there, ace. Here it's harder than he!! to get lawns before the 2nd week in summer. Peolpe think of doing it themselves and then don't. But, in the spring I'm always afraid all the new equipment I buy won't be payed for because of lack of new lawns. Right now I'm a nervous reck, only 4 new lawns for sure at this point.

Pipe down, lol.
  9. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 20.$ here in s**t city and have not got one of my bids this year. Wish I had your problems.
  10. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Same thing here... we just landed 10 accounts yesterday. 8 from referrals at $25 a piece. One for $40 and the last for $60.

Good luck to all and those that havent received yet it will get better or it wasnt meant to be.