2" mainline 3" bore?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by landscaper9929, Jun 11, 2007.

1. landscaper9929

landscaper9929 LawnSite Member

Need some advice on boring. In the past I have always used the under-wonder. I have recently seen the sidewalk sleever and it looks like it would work well, however not in my current situation. The thing is I need to run a 2" mainline under a few walks. This is an add-on to a project I did last august, and needless to say it was a big pain. The largest rod you can get for the under-wonder is 3", and it is nearly impossible to get a 2" pipe through it. Just looking for any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks

2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

This is a repeat post? or did the earlier replies get lost?

3. It is a repeat-I suggested a missle. Don't like to use water under concrete to make bores.

4. landscaper9929

it is a re-post, changed title in hopes of getting more responses. Btw, what is a missle I am not familiar with it?

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

dont use water as stated..

Try an inch and a quarter copper pipe with a hammer.

6. A missle is like an underground hydraulic jackhammer. I bet somebody in your area does it if not you should look into owning one and subbing yourself out. The guy here i use gets us to dig the hole and all you need is a small exit hole and he pounds that thing through.

7. landscaper9929

I know what one is, is it what the cable contractors use to get under driveways?

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

up here we call it a mole shot.

9. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Its just a sidewalk!! Get a couple of amigos and some drain spades and tell them to get to work!
    I did it like that for years and got by, but for large driveways a local competitor had a dingo boring setup.

Sure its not the fastest but, it beats renting a missile if you dont own one.

I use the dingo boring attachment now.

10. Don't know much about the Dingo but does the bore require water and can it get up to 3"?