2 Man crew charges

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guntruck, Jun 13, 2001.

1. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I searched and found nothing really specififc to my needs, so here we go. My market bears differently than most of yours but i was just curious if you guys give an estimate on garden prep work or just weeding what do you charge for your 2 man crew? Or 3 man crew? I get a lot of garden maintenace and am just trying to get some figures to find out if im relatively close to others. Thanks

2. That depends on labor cost.

And method of payment and bookeeping practices.

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

$60/hour for a 2 man crew.
    Labor cost tends to be lower because you only need 1 trained employee and 1 summer help employee. Equipment expenses are minimum as well.

1 hour minimum of course.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we fiqure on a "per hour" for ALL side work ......look at any job (within reason of size) an relate it too "A Single Person to Perform a Single Event in 1 Hour" ......

once you have a base to work with you can create an "Estimate Sheet" for all sorts of task ...as you do them ...check the numbers to make sure they work .....understand each task does also reguire your knowledge n experience to kick in ....it's not a blank by the book ....just a tool to help in future jobs ....the one's that make it in this ...learn from past experience to help give a better estimate which you can make a living

just an example: if one guy can weed a 100 sq ft bed in say 30 min .....and if you charge $30 n hour the cost is $15.00 .....so say it's about 1000 sq ft .....one would figure that 1 guy could do it in
    300 min. or 5 hours ....so the charge is $150.00 n the two guys should have it done in about 2.5 hours .....any less or more n you can adjust your numbers ..the numbers will change with type of work ....hand weeding $35-40 n hour .....for tree work it's $50.00 n hour ....for hedging it's $30.00 .....mowing is $30.00 etc ...these are just SAMPLES ##'s will change with your location n LOCAL pricing

understand there MUST be a Minimum charge for ALL work .....like wise you can relate this idea to much of what you do ....mowing .....weed wacking .....trimming .....hedge work ....etc

In a single ONLY event the above must also have a set up time .....drive time included in TOTAL time ....if the event is performed with regular service than this is minimum