2 more weeks after Friday(EOW)

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Oct 20, 2011.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

After this week I will mow my regular schedule for 2 more weeks then EOW. I want to time it right to have Thanksgiving week off. Cant wait.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Already started a few this week. With the cooler night temps coming I think things are going to drop way off now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

It has slowed down considerably on the coast of SC. Time to catch up on my pruning.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

Weve got several yards that we will start EOW for sure next week. Several yards even today were more wind clean up (peat moss/ palm fronds, etc) than mowing. Finally! :drinkup:

5. I already started EOW on Bahia 2 weeks ago and St. Aug i prob could start nov 1, but i will go to nov 15, then go EOW on St. Aug. The thing I am happiest about is the plants and weeds slowing down.

6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

same here, but i always make sure i am working the week of the holidays to make sure my clients properties are looking good and cleaned up. week of thanksgiving, i work a day ahead to have thanksgiving day off.

7. GainesvilleLawnscaping

GainesvilleLawnscaping LawnSite Member

I don't think I'm as excited as you guys are. This is our first full winter in business so I'm working my butt off trying to find some clean ups and new customers to keep my top guys busy all month. I've had a hell of a time finding dependable guys and the last thing I want to do is lose the 3 I have now because I can't get them enough hours.

8. Do you service people per cut?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Things slow way down here on the maint side of the business....so given your location....I would assume you would have to find a heck amount of clean ups....and I would think most folks would wait until spring if they have not done so now as they will start thinking about thanksgiving and Christmas and all the expenses associated with them. Good luck though...I hope it works out for you.

10. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

You must have built your business very fast to need 3 full time the first year, don't bury yourself giving them busy work. Remember you can rotate them on unemployment one at a time when you need to in the winter, it will increase your rate but is cheaper than keeping someone on you don't need,