2 new TANKs ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I was at a dealer today on totally unrelated business and ended up getting into a conversation about how much I like these mowers. The sales guy and I got into a pretty good conversation about them and so forth and started discussing the 2007 models.

One thing lead to another and he just shot me a really great price on the '06 models he had left... without me even asking for it. The prices he gave me are the best "I" have ever seen on any Cub units.

I had my checkbook in my pocket too which is rare for me (I had just been to the bank to make a deposit). I almost said I would take them. I mean I was really just that close... and I really had to fight the urge...

The male version of impulse purchases... almost.
    I guess that's what our wives go through at the mall?

I really wanted to buy them although I shouldn't... and I don't NEED them. I'm still really itching to go back and get at least one... or more... LOL.

I've always wanted to try the widetrack setup... and I'm not as fond of the 2007's... and the prices are right.

I mean heck... even the thought has crossed my mind that instead of buying outright as usual, I could get them and use Cub's 0% for 36 months.... finance them and put them to work or put them away unit they are needed... and take advantage of the savings.

The way mower prices keep escalating, the purchase savings makes business sense.
    But nothing else about it really does... LOL.

Seems like the deals always come around when you don't need them... or you don't think you need them... LOL. I'm still not sure what I will or won't do.

Does this sort of stuff happen to you?

Does anyone else by when the price is right for the savings?

2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hi Envy , always keen on a good deal 4 a quality product .
    Now if we used our smarts we could dissassemble and export piece by piece and make a tidy dollar .Only joking :laugh: :laugh:

tomo:waving:

ps tempting though just to store at least one unit

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Hard to beat 0% financing. That's free money for 3 years.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We got ours on the 0% deal. In 3 years we will have paid 0 intrest but we are paying it off early anyway. If its in your budget it might not be a bad idea to grab one if the price is right and just sit on it till you need it. Will also make a great backup to your current Z-Two if it ever goes down.

5. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

What about your Bad Boys?

6. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

I kind of buy after researching and when the price is right...I can hardly stop thinking about it until I buy it. If you do buy one, don't just keep it for a back-up or let it sit till you need it. You have to use it in order to take advantage of the warranty. Good luck

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats how why I bought my mower it was just what I thought too good to pass up. 0% Financing is a big thing and alone would be a good selling point. If you can swing it get atleast one. Would you mind telling me the price (pm me if you want) but when I was shopping my dealer quoted me $7,200 out the door but I wanted a 27 kohler and he only had 25 kawi.

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I hate to turn down a good deal. Did I mention we have 6 mowers and only 1 1/2 operators? It's nice to have 5 back up machines. Several are for sale because we buy and sell stuff too. We make almost as much money buying and selling as we do cutting. And it's much easier.

9. Envy Lawn Service

This was my thought process...

Purchase one or two of them and USE them frontline until the warranty expires.
    (My other stuff is already out of warranty)

Been wanting to try that widetrack rear end setup anyways.
    Guess I'll stew on it a bit more.

10. Envy Lawn Service

I don't run any badboys currently...

But I do like what they have done with the line...
    And I was honestly set on trying them out when I got ready to buy again.

Technically, I am not ready to buy again, but do have a good buying opportunity on the Tanks.