2 or 4 cycle trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by birddseedd, Mar 15, 2013.

1. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

If the battery goes bad within a year, you would get another one free through warranty automatically. Also, they wouldn't be in business if their equipment only lasted one year. As long as you take care of your equipment, no reason it shouldn't last longer than expected.

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

$150 a year in gas would only be like... about 27 gallons if you figure $3.40 (or more since you should be using 89 octane) a gallon plus about $2.00 a bottle on your FD rated 2 cycle oil.

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

try 3.89 for regular

4. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Even $4.29/Gal. here. I need to move!

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Battery power have enough power to edge? Is there an HP rating or torque rating for comparisons' sake?

6. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Yes, it has more than enough torque to edge with. Core doesn't give HP or Torque ratings but, for a FACT, CORE motors produce 25% more TORQUE than a commercial 25cc two-cycle gas engine. It's head speed is 7,000 RPM on the SPEED setting and 5,000 RPM on TORQUE setting.

7. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

please do not take this as an offence. but if you having tested the torque how do you know it has more torque?

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Electrically speaking: can one feather the throttle to vary the RPMs...or is it an 'all or none' situation?

9. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

No offence Birddseedd. It's a new product to you guys. Answers are given by asking questions. These are CORE's descriptions. I have no way of testing specs like that myself. But, apparently they have measured CORE's and other gas 2 strokes and the average would be 25% more Torque than the gas engines. I realize it's hard to take someone's word for it. I wish I could get one of these in your guy's hands.

10. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Valk, no, it is an on/off style trigger. But if what your trimming doesn't require full throttle, set it to Torque and a person can get alot longer run time.