2 part question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by HOMER, Feb 10, 2002.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm curious as to what makes an award winning landscape.

What elements must be in place for the award-er to give it notice? While mowing one of my more noticeable commercial accounts yesterday I was thinking that this place could be in a magazine if a little more money was spent by the owners of the building. It has large expanses of turf, very good visibility from the hiway, a large natural area, planting beds, and plenty of trees. Like I said, it could be a showplace. Last year it won our towns beautification award, I would like to win it again. What it doesn't have is color and I think that would be a major factor in someones decison making as to whether it won again or not. This year there will be some color.
    I would like your opinions on the first line of this thread.

Secondly.............how many on here strive to win awards.........is it that big of a deal to you or not? Do you look at your properties and think they are worthy? Have you ever won an award for a property you maintain?

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmmmmm, guess not too many!:rolleyes:

What are ya a bunch of scrubs or what?????????????????

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

I work more towards the customer then to an award. I also feel that functionality and ease of maintenance is important. This is often overlloked I feel. Many contractors here have gotten recognition for work, myself included. I don't think this is the main goal though.