2- part ( stupid) ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by onemancrew, Apr 17, 2003.

1. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

First, just bought my first ztr, Husquavarna 48". I have been in business for three years. 1st ?. How long did it take you to get use to turning around at the end of a strip without tearing up the turf? 2nd ?. My mower doesn't have a hook up for pull behind equipment, What do you guys do in this matter? And here is the 3rd part to a 2 part ?. what is a high lift blade & their purpose? I'm use to mulch blades & normal blades. Thanks in advance. Todd

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

#1 question is all practice , #2 make one for the unit , #3 highlift blades are suppose to lift the grass in the process of cutting it!!

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

high lifts are for bagging the grass, u get better pickup. i use them for discharging also, in my opinion the cut is much nicer with high lifts. also, i bought "high lift mulching blades" for my bobcat, used them for the first time today, they cut sweet.

4. Mr.Stripey Lawn Care

Mr.Stripey Lawn Care LawnSite Member

It took me five minutes to learn to turn around, but not in the soggy stuff. There is no learning there, don't try it or you will end up pulling it out with the pickup.

Check the new link for the lawnsite store at the top of the page. They sell ZT hitches. I just put a foot long piece of chain with a snap lock on mine.

Have Fun!

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

If you start to get stuck, hold the levers the same amount forward or reverse so the wheels spin the same speed. This is very important and helps traction alot more than you might think on a zero turn! Have you ever heard of a differential lock on a garden tractor or pickup truck, farm tractor, 4 wheeler or the like? Does the same thing, locks both wheels to go the same speed. Zero turns are tricky and difficult on wet grass.