2" Pressure regulator

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Some Sprinkler Guy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Some Sprinkler Guy

Some Sprinkler Guy LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any recommendations on a 2" pressure regulator?

Ive got some ball fields that are surging and blowing stuff apart. I want to be able to adjust above 75psi, but it looks like the BR-4 above 1-1/4" tops out at 75.

2. Rotor_Tool

Rotor_Tool LawnSite Senior Member

If your system pressure doesn't exceed 100psi, have you considered using a master valve with a pressure regulator? Maybe a Rain Bird PGA or PEB valve with the PRS-D?

Just a thought....

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

There are also specialty valves that will only open partially, until a set pressure is reached downstream. The idea behind them is to restrict the flow until all the air has rushed out of the sprinkler heads. Big bucks payup

4. CA Green

CA Green LawnSite Member

I agree with Rotor Tool, RB PEB should do the job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a pressure sustaining valve.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

There might be an additional descriptor, but that's the general category they belong to. I had a client with a golf course that was always having heads blow off their connections, and I suggested he either go to these specialty valves, or parallel the zone valves with much smaller ones and open them first, to let the lines fill.

7. Some Sprinkler Guy

Some Sprinkler Guy LawnSite Member

Its on a reclaimed water line. Pressure reads 125 but I suspect surges to 150ish. We can't keep the old lines together. Valves keep seeping too. Didn't want master valves because there are multiple field / controllers etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

GPM requirement?
    Mainline size?
    Length of mainline?
    If it's a big site then I would probably be looking at some sort of Bermad pressure reducing valve.