2 quart hydro system????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

In the Husqvarna line, when you get up to the large frame Z's (52" and up) they hydro system changes over to a system with a 2 qt capacity. I has 2 qts of mobil 1 synthetic with a cooler. That would reduce changing costs a lot But....

The small frames have a 2 gallon 20W-50 system, no cooler. Now 2 quarts??? Even with a cooler is that enough fluids?

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark who sells more mowers than any other company uses 1 quart and has never had a reputation as having hydro problems. So yes I think 2 quarts is adequate.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Ive got a 52" purchased new in 93 and it uses 2qts 20-50 with no cooler, its a Hydro and still runs strong, i change to hydro every season,its a Snapper Commerical Fixed deckk and i run doubles all season. I run Scag also with no problems.....Marks Mowing Service Answer plenty of fluid.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks guys! I was under the impression that most MFG's used a lot of fluid. I neve new Exmak only used 1 qt. the dealer never mentioned that. Lesco uses like 10 qts and those other ones 2 gallons.

I guess 2-2 1/2 gallons is just a lot of fluid then. It's god thing they use conventional oil. The price of change with synthetics would be up there @ $4 a qt plus the filter!