1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 questions in one day....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutnitclose, May 9, 2004.

1. A lot of people keep refering to running double blades...... What does that mean? Are you running 2 sets of blades at the same time? Probaly a dumb question, but you don't know if you don't ask....
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I know gravely offers them, i havent seen them but i'm going to the gravely dealer tomorrow so i'm going to check them out then. Not sure who else offers tehm.
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

you run two blades per spindle in a Cross pattern.
  4. Awsome......... Can you do it on a toro?
  5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

As far as I know they do it on a Toro.
  6. I've got to pick up my gators Wed......... I wonder if they will put both sets on there Is there any chance of it messing anything up?
  7. jrwinter74

jrwinter74 LawnSite Member

Asked my John Deere mechanic about it and he didn't see what a big difference it would make. Also, said he would be more concerned about safety than speed if I tried it so I figured I would play it safe and stay with singles. They don't give these decks or feet away last time I checked. JW
  8. jrwinter......... Thanx.......
  9. Metro....... I still haven't fond a walk behind.....
  10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Still looking out for you. Did you want a belt drive or hydro? Any brand in particular?