2 questions on leaf removal with leaf loaders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BufalinoLand, Sep 20, 2004.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Heres the scene, Im a small company with 60 accounts. i do some leaf removal in the fall for all sorts of people. This year I just purchased myself a Little wonder leaf loader. I, of course, dont have the one ton dump yet, coming next season i hope, has anyone used a loadhandler to empty their truck full of leaves. Second question where do I get a mesh tarp. thanks Joe

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Most guys I see with pick ups used the vac to empty it. If not get out the pitch forks. As for the tarp, I have no idea.

3. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

I use a loadhandler and it works well... the only thing I would recommend doing is build to little boxes in front of the wheel wells the are the same height and width as the wheelwells so the load is directly on the loadhandler. If you don't as soon as the load in front of the wheel wells gets to the wheel well it will stop moving and the loadhandler will slip underneath the load.

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

What size little wonder did you get and how much was it? That is my next purchase.

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like a plant tarp are we talking heavy fabric tarp if so go to your local wholesale nursery.