2 questions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mistral, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Mistral

Mistral LawnSite Member

1st, I was wondering if anyone found a way to build quick & easy proposals for clients. Right now I'm hand writing proposals on old school carbon copy templates and there is no visual element (I can't draw). It takes me way too long to get proposals out and they look like sh*t! I'm looking at Pro-Landscape but $1400 is a lot of money...Is it worth it? I don't even see a place for clients to sign on Prolandscape proposals...Has anyone found something fast/easy/cheaper?

2nd. I'm thinking about doing door to door sales, anyone have any tips? I'm looking to add about 40 new residential accounts, mainly high end clients. Has anyone been doing door to door for a while? Thanks

2. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

Yeah, I've used them all. I have ProLandscape. The proposal part of the program isn't really that great. I'm finally using Quick Estimator. It's by far the best program that I've ever used, and it looks very professional. It keeps track of all estimates and customers. You could actually invoice off of it too. However I still use Quickbooks for invoicing. It does a better job of tracking my money. If you get the QuickEstimator trial. You can use it for 30 days free with full capabilities. Then you can buy the program, enter the new activation code, and it still keeps all your records from the demo.

There are two options- The full version. Which I think is about $400 or the Lite Version. I just bought the Lite Version, and it works perfect for what I need.

3. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

Oh yeah. The Lite Version is like $275.

4. Mistral

Mistral LawnSite Member

Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks a million.