1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2 Stroke Mix

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Jul 13, 2000.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to ask if any of you have been using the synthetic oil. To my understanding, there is only one way to mix...no 50:1 or 32:1. Is this true?<br>I currently own Echo and Redmax equip. The Redmax says to run at 32:1, so that's what I use in both brands since the richer mix won't hurt the Echo. Do any of you Redmax users run 50:1 ? My dealer is only going to carry 50:1 and synthetic from now on.<p>jeff
  2. I use Amsoil 100 to 1 mixed at a ratio of<br>80 to 1. Five quarts of 87 octane to 2 oz of oil.<p>No smoke. No stink. No engine problems.
  3. jeffyr

In what brand Lawrence ?<br>Is that a synthetic ?
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I use the Amsoil 2 cycle 100:1 as well. I have been using it well over seven years with no trouble. The great thing about it is, it is hard to screw up. Wether it ends up at 100:1 or 60:1 it will still work fine. I usually splash in 8 ounces or so with 5 gallons of gas.
  5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer uses something that works in EVERY kind of gas mixture. No more mixing ratios. I cant remember off the top of my head, but ill check it out tomorrow.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using Amsoil in all 2-cycle equip for 5 years now, mixed at 100:1 with not one fuel related problem. You can get the small bottles that have graduations on the side to help you mix. I'd never use petro based 2 cycle again for the above reasons.
  7. jeffyr

Acute,<br>That must be the synthetic mix. Since Redmax recomends such a rich mix, I would hate to try something stupid and burn out a couple of blowers.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: jeffyr
  8. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

if you use REC MAx JASO oil you can mix 50:1
  9. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

Ya'll run 100:1 mix in a recommened50:1 equipment
  10. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I also run amsoil and it gives me no engine trouble.