2 STROKE Multi Tools

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Mar 28, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Whats the best 2 stroke multi tool? I just dont like 4 strokes. Should I be looking fo a used Stihl? I want one that has a larger engine for clearing brush along with all the attatchment stuff but all the ones Im looking at are either 4 strokes or have small engines... what to do...

2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

ericg likes this.
  3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Did you look at Maruyama site that I gave you. I heard good things about them and they have 5 years commercial warrante. They are the only one other than Stihl that offer 30cc+ 1.7hp multi tool units.

I think it is good decision to stay with 2 cycles. Maruyama is not much lower horse power than KM130. There is no other ones I know of, I have been searching myself also. I was thinking about KM130 for a few weeks until I see so many concerns that I cannot ignore anymore. I'm afraid this is it, all the other ones like Redmax, Echo etc. are just 25cc. If that is too small for you, think Maruyama. if you find anything big, please post it, I am interested in it too.:waving:

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

5. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

KM130 by Stihl is a beast. Lot's of power and everything is built well. We have 2 130's and the older KM85 and we use the 130 almost exclusively. Awesome unit.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

It looks like they dont offer a broom and I have to have one. It looks like I'll be going used. Small engine 2 strokes are just far better than 4 strokes which only exist because of emission regulations.

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I want to clarify, broom, you mean like a nylon round brush? Good luck!!!! Only Echo have that, that is what I want too!!!:cry:I want the same thing, 30+cc 2 cycle, with broom and short articulate hedge trimmer.......In our dreams!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing: I don't want to say no just in case I was wrong, that's why I told you to go fish!!!!:laugh:

Hate to tell you, there ain't none!!!! I have been searching for a while already. Go for two separate units, you might have better chance. I just go for total separate stuff. You can get good, light weight, reliable 2 cycle trimmer like Redmax BCZ3001S, 11.3lb, 30cc 1.7hp. Stihl have the Yard Boss that have the broom, de-thatcher, aerator. I just bought a Mantis because of the Honda engine. Husky multi tool with short reach hedge clipper and pole saw.

Let us know what you end up. I am alway interested in different ideas.

:waving::waving:

8. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't really understand why you would need so much power.
    Echo could have made a PAS-280 and they chose to make a PAS-265 instead.
    This must tell you something...

9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll give my opinion about Kombi tools. I had a KM85 "Pro" that was giving me fits, not running right, in and out of the shop, etc. I bought a KM55R as a "backup", and even though it is a "cheap homeowner" version, it has just as much power as the 85, and has actually been more reliable. If I were to replace it I probably would get the KM 130, but the "cheap" little KM55 has been great to me.

10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Ive got Shindaiwa 2 stroke multi and like it alot. You can get ant broom you want for it I believe.