2 Stroke Oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylawnpro, May 11, 2008.

1. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have a source to buy 2 stroke oil? Mail order? Stihl ,No Smoke id prefer ECHO?
  2. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Enviro opti 2 any small engine engine shop should sell it
  3. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

May I suggest Amsoil. Do a search on it here on LS. You will find many users and believers. Attached is a data sheet for reference. Any questions, please ask.

4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

where can i buy amisol? id like to try some before i buy another bottle of trusty echo
  5. AmsoilPower

To buy now, use the link to my website in my signature to the online store. PM me your name & address and I will send you a bottle to try. It will be a 8oz. bottle to be used in 5 gal of gas for a 80:1 ratio.
  6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Opti2 for ten years - 100% satisfied customer, here. :usflag:
  7. frogman18

frogman18 LawnSite Member

Ive tried a couple of different oils and ive pretty much settled on the echo, good price ($6 for enough for 6 gallons) and all my 2-strokes seem to run good on it, Ive not been to impressed with the stihl oil and husky oil.
  8. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

9. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

just been reading on this amsoil why would you run 80:1 or 100:1 in a trimmer or blower that uses 50:1 ? I always mixed 50:1 does running it at the higher ratio help any
  10. AmsoilPower

All about quality of the oil. Amsoil synthetic 2-cycle provides enough lubrication at 80:1 (which may save you $$$$ because you are using less) as does all the others at 50:1. Less oil = less carbon build-up. Search the threads, many guys love it.