2 stroke oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by white1, Jul 15, 2008.

1. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

Been seeing some interesting stuff about synthetics, may have to try that route, but as far as the regular stuff, what do you use, whats the differences, and why do you use what you use?

Ive been using the Shindiawa oil, but only cause they gave me some when I bought my equipment. Ive always just got whatever from where ever.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

You will hear some strong arguments for synthetics I believe...

I have been using Opti-2 in my equip. and am happy with it. Best part, easy to mix with no measuring!

3. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa One is a synthetic blend with fuel stabilizer...good stuff. Full synthetic is better yet though.

4. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

Look for the JASO rating on the side of the package. FD is better than FC, and FC is better than FB, and so on. Just because it is fully synthetic, doesn't mean it is better. The Stihl fully synthetic has a JASO rating of only FB. If the manufacturer has no rating on their package, you have to assume the worst.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

try penzoil full synth -great stuff and cheap-at wallyworld.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Echo Power blend or Shindaiwa One. As long as its at least JASO FC/FD rated, you should be good to go!

8. paull

paull LawnSite Member

I use Amsoil at 64:1.....Can't stand too little oil!!!!

9. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

If I understand correctly 80:1 has more parts of oil then 50:1? I am interested in Amsoil and have seen many people talking about it and many seem to be running it at 100:1. So if I am correct they are running a richer mixture ?

I apologize for needing the clarification but all my 2cyc equipment runs 50:1 and all my oil mix has always came pre measured for use at 50:1- so I have never had to sit down and figure it out.

10. RyKR

RyKR LawnSite Member

I have been using this stuff that you mix the same ratio no matter what. It is supposed to be safe for 26:1, 40:1, and 50:1. I hope it works out in the long run.

Sorry, I can't be more specific. It is full synthetic but I don't know the brand. Guy at local small engine shop recommended it.