2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bakerc8, Jun 23, 2008.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

i just bought a 4 stroke for my new business a troy bit at Loews and got a edger attachment and the thing rocks but i am thinking about if i should keep it or not it defiantly has more power than any 2 stroke ive ever used and iv used echo and stihl. i don't know what do you think?

2. ljhanson12345

ljhanson12345 LawnSite Member

personally if i liked something enough to say it rocks i would keep it. i don't think troy-bilt is commercial so i don't know how long it would last you, but you should keep it and tell us how it holds up. all i know is i would probably never buy one, and if i can find another kbl34a kawasaki trimmer im getting it.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It's a pos and won't last a month. The commercial 4 strokes have their problems too.

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

take it back and return it. Lowes still sells the Husqvarna, get that instead. Leave the TOYbilt for the homeowners.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed one of those things and I came away throughly unimpressed. It was a gutless wonder compared to my regular trimmers.

6. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

ya but we used to use riobis were i used to work and they were cheap and did a decent job but we had echo edgers but you buy a cheap trimer that will last a sesion and just buy another i make what that trimer costs in an hour so what do i care

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

A decnet trimmer cost 250bucks for tax. 2cycle is the way to i dont even care about mixing gas anymore could do it in mysleep

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

one word.......realiability(or lack of I should say)....i guess it's a good thing that it will pay for it's self in the first hour...because it will be broken by the second hour....

9. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

ya but the things light and it has mad power

10. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

i think you should stay with it. you must love it after all the posts of get rid of it. you always say how good it is or has mad power. just keep it and let us know how long it lasts.