2 stroke proline mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rixtag, Apr 21, 2005.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

For those of you that have experience with the 2 stroke mowers, is there a good fix for the stripped out notches for the height adjustment? Also if the engine revs extremely high where would I look to find the problem? I'm looking to buy a used one and these are the two problems that this unit has. Any other things to look for? It doesn't smoke and there isn't any abnormal noises to speak of. It will be my first one so I'm looking for help from experienced users only.

2. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

If this is a true Proline chassis, the guides are replaceable. We have replaced some on ours. Also make sure the height adjusters have adequate spring tension so you will not wear out the guides again. If the guides are worn it usually indicates the mower has quite a few hours on it. In a pinch I have used small bungee cords to hold tension until I could replace them.

Not sure what is causing the high revs unless the governor is not working or out of adjustment.

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

4. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

How can I tell if it is a true Proline chassis?

5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Go to that link and put in your model # and serial #. It will tell you what you have.

6. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

Most Proline decks will have the word Commercial in raised letters on the top front of the deck. It is cast into the deck.