2 suspension seats from norhtern

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Jan 8, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The V-5300 (at Northern)is the standard suspension seat for Scag, Exmark, Hustler, etc. It is made by Michigan Seat and is top notch. At $319 it's a great deal, it's black though even though it may look gray in the picture. I ordered one and it was identical to the one on Exmark, Hustler, Scag only the color was black. If your bolt holes line up or you can drill them to line up your in business.

3. grass disaster

the other one looks like it could be a little better notice the pads on the armrests. although i don't need the seatbelt hook-ups

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I can't say for sure that one is better than the other but there has to be a reason almost ALL ztr manufacturers use the Michigan seat. Grasshopper, John Deere and a few others don't use the Michigan seat but the majority of them do. I would go with the tried and proven Michigan seat but of course this is only my opinion. It is a great seat from my experience. I won't own another ZTR with out it.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Some time ago I was wrestling with the same thing.

The cheaper one is the suspension seat most use... and it's plug-n-play... switch and all.

The more expensive one I think is probably more comfortable and likely has more suspension travel.
    But if you notice, the text says "Accepts delta-type operator presence switch and seat belts"

I ended up passing on both when I found out the only color I could get was black.

6. grass disaster

Accepts delta-type operator presence switch and seat belts.

what's delta type operator presence?

i'm really not worried that it's black. that's what i currently have. i've never had a problem with the heat. even on the 100deg days.

i'm not sure why people are afraid of black i have a black truck and a black trailer and all is well.

7. regl

regl LawnSite Member

Do any of these suspension seats fit on a Walker? Their stock seat is tough on the hemroids.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

If anyone is still looking to buy this seat from Northern, try entering keycode 107308 at checkout. It should give you free shipping.

9. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

The Michigan seat should fit a MT or MD. Walker actually uses a Grammar suspension seat as an option which is much more comfortable. The Michigan seat is standard on the new Super B though...not bad at all. So your Walker dealer can get one for you that will bolt right on.