2 Thumbs up for my Lawngrips!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Classified, May 7, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a pair of the Lawngrips with laces (I think they call them the pro model) about 2 weeks ago and after many long days they still look brand new. Thats mowing in wet grass, stepping in mud, and spreading granular. Last year I used to wear a pedometer just for curiositys sake and on average I would walk 6 miles a day. This year many of my jobs are much larger so I beleive that im doing alot more walking.:weightlifter:

I have seen many mixed reviews about this shoe so that that is why I wanted to post this up for others. I would also like to add that I normally wear a size 10 and the 9s fit me the best. I have a narrow foot and they are still very nice and snug. In fact there have been many times where it hurts to walk once I get home and take them off (Lawngrips) than to just keep them on.

My feet stay dry ans so far nice and cool. the shoe has no stains on it from the wet grass and the sole has great traction on the turf. When then clog up with mud, it is VERY easy to remove it.Typically a thumb and 5 secs on each one and they are nice and clean. Mud seems to fall off nicely.

At this rate, even if I had to buy a new set every year which I dont see as having to be the case; I would. I can see getting maybe 2-3 seasons out of them.

Thats it!:walking:
  2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Love mine and they even have STIHL on the side, which doesn't do anything but look good. They are very comfy but the way they wearing I do not think they will make a year.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

That's great you like your shoes. Shoes are one of those pieces of equipment we often skimp on when we should be paying for the best we can afford.

I'm one of those who ranted on LawnGrips. Although I had a blowout after two months, I belive it was just an unfortunate occurence. It was the poor customer service after the sale that turned me off for life.
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

they wont make it man, sorry for the over priced shoes you bought, i too did the same. they are great for the first few months though!!
  5. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

2 Months later and they havent missed a beat! I have mowed in the pouring rain a few times now and my feet stayed completely dry. other than having a little dirt on them, they look like new and still perform great! I have no issues at all as of now. Ill report back in another month or 2
  6. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

I've been wearing them for about 3 years and they're OK. and Comfy. I find that the insides wear out before the outside does. I usually only get a years worth of wear out of them then have to replace 'em
    I like the steel toe, the steel shank and I realy like how easy they are to clean dog poop and mud out of the soles. Plus I lke the way they keep your feet dry in the early mornings.

I don't think they're overpriced $100 ain't bad. Heck sneakers are high for that matter, if you think the lawn grips are exspensive. JMHO!
  7. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

Where do you buy them? Is there a store that sells them so you can try them on?
  8. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

It's on left side of your screen...
  9. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

Duh! I am an idiot. Thanks.