2 ton and larger dump trucks with 4x4

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rawtoxic, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

GR, 11.5' X 8' X 10"= 2.84 yards level.

My pick up box is about 3 yards.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

He has a 10 inch side-board Added. That's on top of the 18" or so dump body.

3. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I thought he said he had a flatdeck. :confused:

4. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I have had skid steers put 2 yards in my truck plenty of times. If you have an 8' bed, then 2 yards will fit. Heck, an F-450 should hold about 5 yards on a 11.5' flatbed, with the capacity of a truck like that. If I had a truck like an F-450, I'd see the limits of that truck as often as I could. In fact, I test the limits of all of my equipment with safety and taking care of equipment in mind.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I have a flatdeck not a mason dump. My deck has 2x10s as side boards they are not a true 10 inches.

The most I put on my F-450 is 3 yards that is heavy your looking at over 7000lbs.

6. S&S Outdoor Services

S&S Outdoor Services LawnSite Member

We are looking at buying an old Army 6x6 5 ton dump (AM general M817). There are a few companies that fix them and go through them , fix all the problems and resell for around 20k. The place I found is in Oshkosh WI, they can be licensed for many states at 45,000 GCWR. If we do buy one, I figure another 5 grand to repaint, put some decent seats, radio and other comforts our government ignores. All the trucks they have for sale have about 50k miles on them and come with the Cummins 250 and 6 speed manuals. If you want something that will really get you through some nasty stuff, could be something to check out. They look pretty cool if they're repainted to suit your needs.

WWW.OshkoshEquipment.com/

Might not be anything close to what you're lookig for but I figured I'd throw it out there.

-Sam

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Well those things are bad ass. Ill give you that but Im afraid theyre more of a novelty item than anything. You can get a LOT newer truck a LOT less beat with the same miles for 20K and in similarly rated tandem axle size.

8. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

Before you buy listen to one going down the road in person......... those and the Deuces are LOUD....... as in everyone will hear you coming a mile away............ cruising down the road the saying goes "The duece is in stealth mode"... it is a joke because you hear it forever away....

They are great truck's but everyone in the neighborhood will be looking out the window to see what is coming.

If it is just for commercial stuff out in the middle of nowhere then it would be a great truck not to mention if you could get taller sides for the dump........ for off road jobs good luck getting one stuck with the right tires, check out the M917's hahaha. Other then thaat a nice dump truck would be better if you ask me.

Most people that have that stuff just have it to have it and take them to air show's and stuff.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010