1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2 trailers for sale good deal?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 1965csp, Mar 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. 1965csp

1965csp LawnSite Member

Hello,

I am just wanting to know if this is a good deal to buy theses two trailers that are for sale in my town. The flatbed trailer (14,000 pound GVWR, 18' long with new tires) with the mesh sides is $3800. The dump trailer (14,000 pound GVWR, 14' long with 6' foot high sides) is $6300. I will attach pictures.

Thanks
    :usflag:

3Ge3Fd3Mf5G15M95J4d38f9bff00f88351ba8.jpg

3E63G33Nf5N65E65J1d382642e581f66916f9.jpg

2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Around here you could buy a brand new trailer for those prices.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

you wont get a new equipment trlr for that but you can get a new 7t dump trlr for close to that. Im not sure what the point of the high sides on the equip trlr is.

4. 1965csp

1965csp LawnSite Member

what should I offer him for the trailers?

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Seems like he wants too much to bother offering. But Id start at 7500 (package deal) and maybe go as high as 8000. Seeing as he wants over 6 for one of them, this might just be insulting to him. They look like cam superlines right?

6. 1965csp

1965csp LawnSite Member

Thanks, the trailers are both cam superlines. He is in the demolition business and is looking to get rid of them to buy a truck, so he may want to deal. Thanks again for the reply.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Security..........it has got to the point that you have to hang trimmers and blowers on the inside. They drive by and take big bolt cutters and get them off the outside. Then at nite you can tarp it for keeping out dew and rain. It is a new thingee in our area.

8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Theyre priced nowhere near a "deal"

Look around online, you can do MUCH better

9. 1965csp

1965csp LawnSite Member

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kurt6845

Kurt6845 LawnSite Member

Definitely agree here on the overpricing.... The other thing to consider is that he is in the demo business which makes me wonder how hard those trailers have been beaten... They look decent, but you never know. I was looking for a trailer at the beginning of this year and frankly, ended up buying a new one. The used ones that I was finding down here were either torn up, homemade specials, or they were in decent shape and the seller wanted as much as a new one, so I spec'd one out for my wants/needs and had it built brand new. Paid about $2500 for a 16' dual axle 7000 lb gvwr(more than enough for hauling mowers) with brakes, and two ramps, one on the side and one on the back. The side ramp works great for my walkbehinds and I keep the Z mower on the back over the axles.