2 W.B.'s on how much traielr?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by z_clark, Dec 23, 2003.

1. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

I want to be able to haul 2 walk behinds. How long must the trailer be and the gate still go up? I know most say bigger is better but I don't want to loose maneuverability. 6.5' X 10' or 6.5 'X 12? Couldn't find many pics of trailers w/ two W.B.s on them, could anyone post some? Thanks to all!

2. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the 6.5X12 with a 4ft gate.

Tim

3. MIMAINTAINCE

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

Raptor is right. You should be able to turn 1 sideways if you wanted to on the 6.5x12. I started w/ 5x10 and it was a huge mistake. To narrow and way to short.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I haul 2 WB's (36" & 52") on a 5'x10' and it sucks! They just barely SQUeeze in with NO room to spare.

I want to go with something like a 6'x14'.

As far as choosing manueverability over space, I'd choose more space. You will get used to driving with it, and manueverability won't be as big of a deal to you, but you'll be bummed when you need more space and don't have it.

Because there's probably going to be times when you will want to haul more then just the two mowers. Sometimes I need to throw a bagger on there, or a WB blower, or whatever. Right now it has to go in my truck bed, and that can be a pain.

Go bigger, you'll adjust to the towing.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking for the same thing. I need to haul a 48" hustler swb w/sulky. 36" lesco and a 21". I parked everything on the ground like i want it arranged on the trailer. I found out that 12' long will work for me if I park the 36" sideways or take the sulky off of the 48" (I will have to hang up the sulky of the 36"). Now I am leaning toward getting a 14 footer. Also thinking about a tandem. Where I used to work we sometimes would three snapper hydro wb (one36" and two 48") on a 6 by 14, but it was a really tight fit and the snappers are smaller overall than the Hustler I have now.

I have heard people say to get a bigger trailer than you think you will ever need. because you will need it eventually.
    My problem is that I was hoping to still be able to park it in the storage unit where I keep the stuff. I really don't want ot have to start unloading everything every night.

6. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have a 6.5 x 12 ft trailer. I can haul a 36" or 48" with my 52" and they all have velkes on them. I can also have a aerator and spreader on the trailer with 2 mowers. And also 2 metal gas cans. Get the biggest you can it will be worth it.

David :)

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

6.5'x12' and you can pull them forward one behind the other.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Paul, I would also want a tandem on a 14' trailer.

I rent a 10'x20' storage unit and a 14' long trailer should just fit, but my concern is the width. The door is a standard 8' wide door. Most so-called 6' wide trailers are actually 6.5' and once you add in wheel wells, it's usually just a hair over 8'.

So I would probably have to have a custom width made, an even 6' should do it. That would leave me just a couple inches on each side going through the door.

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to have a 5x10 it was a tight fit with a ztr and a 36" now I have a 7x14 enclosed and can walk around the mowers. I still have room for the hustler gate machine if they ever build it. but a regular 48" wouldnt fit unless I greased the edges.