2-way radios

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SharpCutLC, Mar 19, 2008.

1. SharpCutLC

SharpCutLC LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

what do you guys use for more than two truck communcation? CB's or Professional 2-way's?

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

nextels, sometimes the service sucks.

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

2 ways work alot better. clearer reception farther distance, and you are the only one on the channel.

4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

the only company i know that used real radio's are going to nextel. i know in this area its very hard to get a frequency becuase they are all used up and you'll most likely have to share on. big expense too. how bad do you really need to communicate beyond a cell or nextel?? you still need to be in range of hearing the radio

5. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

are you still using the original nextel phones? about a year ago i was having service problems so i called to cancel my service. they told me about their new hybrid phones that use sprint towers. they ended up sending one at no charge. and since switching i havent had any dead zones on the phone or two way. everybody i know that has switched hasnt complained since. so if your using an original nextel, you need to check out the ic502, ic602, or ic902, they have much better coverage.

6. SharpCutLC

SharpCutLC LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

they would just be used when following each other, but i think nextel or cb's will work just fine. thanks for you input guys!!!!!

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Dude your in FLA , short for florida and short for Flat. We have hills and mountains.