2 year Add poss?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, May 7, 2008.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have an opportunity to put an add in a table the size of bizz card that will be on 16-18 tables under 1" thick resin and it will run 24/7 for 2 years. any one ever do this type of thing and any ideas on what i may get out of it? And it costs $1,195 to do it. and the restaurant is a home kookin place.

2. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a well established resturaunt? I've seen too many Home Cookin' joints go under quick because there are so many that don't offer anything special.

3. DirtDawg

DirtDawg LawnSite Member

I'd think the same money could be spent better elsewhere.

Are most of the customers locals or is there a fair amount of travelers that go there? I wouldn't think that tourists or travelling business people would do you much good.

Are you talking to the restaurant owners themselves or is it through an ad network of some sort? If you are dealing with the owners and you really want to do it try to negotiate a better rate and/or spread out the payments over quarters and pick your spot on each table for placement. If it's an ad network make some "ridiculous" offer and see if they take it but also get some sort of guarantee if the place does go out of business or if the ad placements aren't to your liking.

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

myself and 2 friend that each have their own biz( 1 auto mechanic shop and ather a muffler shop) each did it at a local rest/bar and it was a total waste of money.none of us got any work from them.

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i would try to approach them with a exchange of services.u let me advertixe,i maintain your grounde&eat at a discount