20,000 Doorhangers, just one question.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Houston Wyatt, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Houston Wyatt

Houston Wyatt LawnSite Member

Ok, so 2011 will be my first year. Ive got all my equipment and everything's good to go.
    My plan is to hit the ground running, hard. Ive got my business plan wrote, of course will always be editing it. But I've decided that I'm going with 20,000 doorhangers from Print Place for $934. I can't imagine the pain it's going to be distributing this but it will get done.
    I've also deciding I'm not double hitting houses.

I can't really find a hard answer for what I'm looking for. So what week, or probably 2 weeks, would be the best to distribute these doorhangers. Is it the first of February? Or the first of March?

2. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Check gotprint prices. Also you want to hit the same area 3 times. I would start the last week of Feb. Do you see Just Mowing in your area yet?

3. Houston Wyatt

Does hitting houses more than once really have an affect? No mowing yet. we just had like 8 inches of snow last week.

4. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

You mention hitting the same area 3 times. But how far apart should you make them? Like a week or longer?

5. Houston Wyatt

I can't see anything less than at least a month apart doing any good. But maybe not.

6. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We usually start the first of Feb, but we are further south than you so I don't know.

20k that's a lot, how many guys are you going to have putting them out?

I need to get moving for next season, I'm having a hard time getting motivated this year for some reason.

7. Houston Wyatt

Well me, a friend, and a little 12 year old. We'll get it done. Might take couple weeks but don't have anything else to do.

How long is your mowing season down there?

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

It's all year, we don't get snow, winter is more leaves than grass.

Better get some good comfy shoes!!! :laugh:

We put out about 2k last year and that was a job. If you don't get them all out you will have some for next year.

9. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Asic gel's are the best (running shoes are made for best cushion and no law that u have to run lol) feel like walking on clouds. and it's not uncommon for me to get out 500-600 in a killer day with a worker-(flat to light hill.)

10. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Are door hangers really worth it? I heard the return was 1-3%. I would expect a good website to have better results. Ever run into rude people when you are passing them out? I hate rude people, lol.