20-10-10

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, May 30, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if i apply 20-10-10, at half the manufacturers recommeneded rate, am i now applying 10-5-5?

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

No, you are getting 20-10-10 at half the manufactorers recommended rate. Reducing the rate does not reduce the ratios. Why are you using fert now? Is the whole sand gig done with?

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

lol

i thought you knew your fertilizing bobby?????

no matter ow you apply the product the mix is still 20%N-10%p-10%K and 60% fillers and micronutrients.

for a guy a while back that was professing such in depth knowledge of fertilizing, that question is pretty basic....

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well... If you are applying it at 5 lbs per 1,000 than you are getting 1 lb. of nitrogen per 1,000. If you apply at 2.5 lbs. per k, then it's 1/2 lb. of N per K. Assuming that it's urea with no slow release of any kind then doing a half rate and applying it say every 3 to 4 weeks would be good. It would cut back on your surge growth and keep the lawn a consistant green all the time.

Of course you could use a Lesco 24-0-11 with 50% polymer sulfer coated urea applied at 4 lbs per K and get the same results and it lasts about 8 weeks. A little more expense, but saved labor! But I guess you have all the time in the world anyway... world

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't believe you guys still fall for Booby's Red Herrings. His real reason for his dribble postings is he is lonely and has no friends and needs company even if it is from the internet.

He will eventually stop posting for a week and wait for someone to create a new topic of "Where is Booby Gelding". This makes him feel loved and he will start posting more dribble. This endless cycle will never stop since their will always be more fish for Booby to reel in on the line. :D

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

man, that aint right. it was a honest question.

7. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, so was that.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

Believe it or not. I am in the process of writing a book on Chemical Application. How it turns out is yet to decided. One of the more important chapters I have already completed is Materials Calculation. I have included a chart for those who don't have the math skills to do the calculations. BTW Materials Calculation was one of the classes I student taught in College. You would be very surprised at the number of College student who can't do math even with a calculator.

So the Bottom Line is I will sell you the completed Chapter of the book at twice the going rate because You are my little Bitty Buddy BooBy.