20-30 minutes for 1/2 acre lots...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnalternatives, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Lawnalternatives

Lawnalternatives LawnSite Member

There are a thousand different factors out there that can effect mow time. My mower may be bigger, faster, etc. I don't stop, as soon as my feet hit the ground, I am off to the races. No time for little breaks here and there. When I trim, I am almost jogging with the trimmer. It still looks as good (or better) than the old man next door that literally crawls when he trims. Learn what climb cutting with the trimmer is and when you should and shouldn't do it. Getting used to your equipment is a huge time saver. Finding little ways to save a minute here or there is the only way to get more efficient.
    Don't ask me why I am telling you guys this, just to let you try and under bid me next spring. You will figure it out, it just takes a little time and patience.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

20-30 minutes per 1/2 acre?

lawnaltern...--sounds like you got some pretty good groundspeed going there but I am sure you can cut that time if you get a commercial mower like a walkbehind, out front deck or a zero turn mower.

and you also got a interesting concept on marketing: working for cheap. I never tried that since I found that if I don't get every dinkey lawn I bid, I seem to make more money and I am home sooner in the afternoon.

good luck to you.

3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Ok, thanks so much, very helpfull...:)

So what are the directions driving from New York?........;)
  4. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, we do full acre props in 20minutes.

sometimes less, sometimes more but never longer than 30min.
  5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Geezz, maybe if I star running I'll be able to finish in 15 minutes half acres lots, since it takes me about the same as you without the joging.
  6. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't need too. I just outperform you!
  7. double e

double e LawnSite Member

We cut them in 12 min.- for twice the price
    The ones you under bid- you can have- their dead beat customers anyway
  8. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

double e is the best
  9. Lawnalternatives

Sorry guys.
    This was a reply to another thread that somehow got started as a new one. Just a response to a remarked made by someone else.
    I don't blame you.
  10. Lawnalternatives

One guy? Trimming, blow off and everything? This was a response to s guy saying that he could never seem to be able to do any of his 1/2 acre lots in less than 20-30 minutes. Not me saying that it couldn't be done.