20 acre bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare, Jan 29, 2004.

1. E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare

E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare LawnSite Member

How much will you guys charge for a new residential low income neighborhood (60 houses with a total of 20 acres of land), all the areas are pretty much flat? The back yards are all straight shcts no fences.

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Put MEG MO blades on a BAD BOY 7200 and bid $10.00 per home or address

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dang, you guys give that stuff away in Sterling don't you?

5. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

1 acre = 43,560 sq. ft. x 20 acres = 871,200 sq. ft.
    Mow, trim, edge, blow and go.
    $20 stop fee + $1 per thou sq.ft. = $891.20. divide by 60 houses = 14.85 each.
    Or to bag it, $20 stop fee and $2 per thou.

:confused:

6. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i think meg mo is crazy. 60 homes for $600. How much weedeating and edging is there.

7. E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare

Meg Mo I was thinking $33 per acre x 20 acres = $660.00, going rate per acre here is about $40-$50 per acre

8. E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare

I'll try and take a pic of one of the yards so you guys can get a better idea of how much weed eating there will be.

9. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If the going rate is 40-50 why are u thinking of bidding it at 33 per acre?

10. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I will handle this bid as a residential instead of commercial or as 60 seperatre jobs instead of one big job.
    You are looking at 14520 sqft lawns per property and there is no ways I will do it for $10 per lawn or even at $14.85 as some of the repliers posted here. Even the fee per acre @ $50 per acre will give you $17 per lawn.
    You mentioned a lot of trimming per yard. As this neighborhood grows older and residents root in, it will become even harder to mow.
    What is your minimum fee to drop your gate? 60 houses covers a large area and you will have to move your truck from area to area.
    I would think that $90 per acre (minimum) mow trim blow is a fair fee to charge. This will give you ±$30 per lawn.
    Dont underbid yourself just to get the job. You're gonna send in a lot of people and equipment to do that job and at $15 per lawn you might as well go fry hamburger pattis at McDonalds.
    At $30 per lawn it is still not feasible for the owner to buy his own equipment and hire a full time employee to mow his lawns.