20 acres of rough cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imalandscper, Feb 18, 2003.

1. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

What would you guys charge for 20 acres of rough cutting? Looks to be very clean(no rocks) and no saplings....just weeds and tall grass!

Thanks,

Andy

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Bottom dollar 1000.00 if not a lot of trimming and no large hills.

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

New account $1300.00 unseen......One time deal, maybe a little more.....existing account maybe a little less......

4. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

20 Acres?

What are you cutting it with?
    60 ' ZTR $950.00

Walk Behind 48-52inch $1642-$1825.00

How many men?
    What are the frequencties? Bi weekly,weekly, monthly, one time only.

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Weekly - 20 acres - open - SE. Iowa you had better bid $300 or you won't get it. Around here an open 20 acres is no more than $15 per acre - I can mow 7-8 acres per hr with this rig, so on the 20, it would be 3 hrs max = $100 per hr.[​IMG]

wide deck-snow-1.jpg

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

if its a one time thing in a rural area,500 plus. if its a regular mow
    every two wks. flex is pretty close,as the customer can find people that will mow it for 300 probably.. but im not sure id like to have that staring at me every two wks . least not with my 52 deck.

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

brad
    you certainly are not going to mow 20 acres of weeds that mite be 10 to 12 foot tall with that rig.

it depends on what you mean ruff cutting. are we talking cutting monthly or a one time deal.
    I used to work for a guy that did large one time cuttings when the city would get on the owners azz. some times weeds saplings and thistles were 10 - 12 foot tall. we did these lots with a 4X4 JD tractor with a 20 foot batwing on the back.

imalandscaper
    give us a little more info on this so we can guesstamate it a bit better

8. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

a grand minimum thats my bottom dollar .i aint taking a 9 thousand dollar machine out an cut 20 acres of tall weeds sorry unless ya got the money to pay for my service .flex deck i dont know what type business ya run but 300 dollars wouldnt get the job done .i dont give a d%*m where you are located ,my price is my price an if ya dont like it,,, see ya !!

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Sounds like HarryD has the right ideal, a tractor & bushog for this job. I have a 10' bushog to clip pasture land. It's amazing how much ground you can cover with it.

10. Nick

Nick Banned

Hey brad, why not get a 50 hp diesel dixie chopper with a pup. They have hydraulics on them to change the position of the pup from directly behind to left or right. It is supposed to mow 10 acres an hour open. $150 an hour is nicer then $100. Also you could add a flex deck. 80" of mowing plus a 72" pup. Ahh yes I think 50hp on a zero turn with these features will kill that john deere.;) oh and best of all it would still be under $20,000 for this machine as compared to the jd.