20 inch table saw?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Aug 25, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking for a table saw that i can run a 20 inch blade on.

Anyone know if any companies make them?

2. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

I think a company called Americutter makes one.

3. mrusk

Thanks buddy. I think i am going to order me up one of those. I keep on building these tehco quarry stone walls and you end up having to make a ton of cuts. Guys are draggin cutting them with the demo saw. I think the table saw will speed things up since we can keep it running non stop as we build the wall.

4. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

Table saws are so much nicer for bigger jobs with more cuts. I'd rather be soakin' wet from the saw than from sweating my butt off. How much is a 20" blade?

5. mrusk

I honestly use to hate table saws. But now i think it will be alot easier to get a more accurate a true cut on a wall block then the demo saw. These quarry stone walls require alot of cuts. I defiently think this 3500 dollar saw can speed the process up. I have almost 2500 face feet of quarrystone walls to build in the next 6 months. It will be easy enough to work this saw into the prices.

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

a table saw makes a much nicer cap cut as well.

7. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i don't know what it is with the quarry stone and all of the cuts. i was have a hissy fit the first time we used it and my guys where taking forever with it. they need to re work the dimensions on that stuff.

8. mrusk

IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!! I am loose my mind doing it. Honestly, for what i am charging for it now i could do full masonry and proably should. Its ******** how many cuts you need to make. I hate installing it. I need to keep going to my truck to take advil!

But on the other hand, no other SRW looks anywhere near as good.

9. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

thats the problem, its the best looking srw out there. i think some of the problem is when you turn the blocks sideways they dont account for that dimension. that and the damn things are in metric. i need a metric tape for working with techo. it drive me nuts!!

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

there does seem to be some inconsistency with that dimension. Also, if you guys are using the 4 degree setback on the block, and you're doing a modular pattern, you lose dimension with each course with curves.