20' PJ Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Apr 23, 2011.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I've been wanting a new dump trailer for a while and finally said what the hell lets buy one. I'll be picking this one up on Tuesday. My local place Magnum Trailers in Austin wanted about $13,807 for the same trailer and it wouldn't be ready for two months.

I found this one in another city for $12,500. Dual hydro scissor lift, LED lights, powder coat paint and so on. The dump gate can dump like a dump truck or be opened as a split gate.

I could have gotten a 20' Bigtex for $11995 but I couldn't have gotten the same 7.99% for 48 rate. Plus the Bigtex had no LEDs and a few less options.

Here in Austin Magnum Trailers used to stock tons of trailers but they had no big PJ dumps in stock. I've got to drive 200 miles to get this one but 200 miles in Texas doesn't get you very far!

For parts you can't beat Magnum Trailers but the trailers tend to be expensive list price units. I wouldn't be surprised if Magnum wasn't the biggest trailer place in the country. Magnum mostly sells trailers from other manufacturers but they build them as well.

I'm a fan of big stuff and you don't get much bigger than a 20' tandem dually gooseneck dump trailer. The empty weight is about 8,000 lbs. My other 21' trailer is 5900 lbs empty so 8K isn't a big deal. You just can't have a wimpy gasser if your going to have a trailer like this.

Dump Trailer.jpg
  2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Congarts,very nice looking trailer.
  3. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Nice!! What are you going to haul it with?
  4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, that's a dope trailer.

Does this mean you'll quit bagging debris in garbage bags now that you can dump?
  5. PlantscapeSolutions

The plan is to dump the bags into the trailer at the end of the day. Bag are still the easiest way to handle leaves, hedge trimmings and other small debris. Bigger items we never tried to put in bags.

Still no plans to use goofy tarps to wrap stuff up or anything like that. Bags are still fast and easy and we can pile them high with ease in the truck bed. Plus the $3.95 per bag price is very easy for billing purposes.
  6. PlantscapeSolutions

I'll probably use it for a bunch of things. The most common will be a mobile dumpster for trimmings. No more bags piling up at my house. I'll also use it for a landscape trailer for plants and other stuff.

I'm going to have a custom catwalk built to put between the heavy equipment ramps so we can run dollies and wheel barrows up into the bed just like a regular trailer.

I already have a 21' triple axle gooseneck trailer with 4' sides but if I can get a decent ramp configured for my dump I may sell my other trailer. It's a challenge getting a ramp built that usable for a deckover style dump trailer because it sits so high.
  7. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

ohh nice! I meant what are you going to pull it with though lol

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Haha I know exactly where that dealer is. I can tell by the sign in the back lol. Houston has so many trailer places its insane.
  9. benjaminesh

benjaminesh LawnSite Member

Very Nice:) I have always been a big fan of pg
  10. fire126

fire126 LawnSite Member

Nice looking dumper. How tall are the sides?