200,000 sq/ft ap. price?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tony Clifton, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Brother1

Brother1 LawnSite Member

$845 per app if full five app program which includes grub control.

2. Dman1214

Dman1214 Banned

a minimum price would be 150 per acre - 4.6 x 150 = 690.00
    the peolpe that said the 375.00 & 350.00 are nuts cannot have a handle on thier costs. Too many bad businessmen in this line of work

3. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

i'd charge 4.65 acres $ 670.00 per application

4. Dman1214

Dman1214 Banned

the exact measurement for 200,000 ft2 is 4.59 acres to be specific

5. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Your quick to jump on people for being bad business people while having no idea of there costs. Here all break it down for you ---

200,000 Sq Ft
    Fertilizer $56
    Herbicide $25
    ------------------

total product cost $81

375- 81 =$

2 hours production time = $147 per hour

maby before you call others bad business men you should learn how to compeat with the big guys

6. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

No offense Trimmasters but how do you come up with $81 for your total product cost? This could be an issue of geographic location but my cost for premium fertilizer is in the ball park of 50/acre not to mention the cost of herbicide. There is no way I could use quality product and do quality work at a cost of $81 for over 4.5 acres of turf, unless of course I used ag. products, which I am sure you are not doing ; ).

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

$56 in fert. to treat 200000 sq ft. sounds way cheap. Also whats the deal with the free spray>?

8. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Tony, on offense taken, 24-5-11 at 1/2 pound N per thousand will treat about 24,000 sqft 200,000 / 24,000 = 8.3 bags at around $6.75 per bag = $56. 3 way at 1.25 oz per thousand and 10 cents per oz = $25. is it a premium program? heck no, but do most people want to pay for a premium program for almost 5 acres?

its just a different way of doing business, some (most on here it seems) like to target the 10% of people that don’t mind paying allot for the best possible materials and service. we chouse to target the other 90% off people that just want a decently green lawn with few weeds at a price they can afford. different ways work for different people, we took the volume route.

Kootoomootoo--- Free Spray is nothing more than a name --as it did with you it gets peoples attention and brings the calls in.

Thanks

9. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmasters, thanks for the input, the reason I started this thread was to get info from companies of all types, I personally don't se anything wrong with what you are doing as long as your customers are happy. I think that it is better that you are able to provide the service at a price they can afford and get so-so results rather than them neglecting the property because they cant afford a program. You backed up your #'s and proved you can make $ charging what you do.

10. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of app equipment are you using?